Monday

Cozy Dining

I have always been tempted to use banquette seating in the dining area of my kitchen. It just seems so cozy and a great place to linger over the dinner table for great conversation. And to me this example is a conversation starter itself. Ooh la la! It looks so elegant and feminine. So many textures used in such a small space- velvet, metal, wood and stone - you know these are some of my favorite combinations. This room is designed by Jane Ellison.

The next example is a very modern banquette designed by Jonathan Clarke. This setting has a very masculine feel to me. I do like the use of the large mirror- it really elongates the space.


The next two photos are of the same area styled two ways- again by Jane Ellison. Which do you prefer? I myself find the second to be more appealing.


Apparently I am not the only one who is loving the cozy banquette. I found several others who have great posts with more beautiful examples. There are so many options- If you would like to see more, take a look at The Kitchen Designer, Mark Cutler or Patricia Gray's posts.