- Hang your art at the right level- We've all seen art that looks as if it is floating out on its own above a piece of furniture. It's best to separate furniture by no more than 10".
- Don't match everything in your room- whether it be furniture pieces, matching fabrics or coordinated wallpapers - It gets boring.
- Don't have too many small plants scattered around- make an impact with a few grouped together or use 1 large knock your socks off plant.
- Be aware of your silk plants- don't let them become dust catchers! Personally, I like fresh flowers when in season so they are reasonably priced.
- Be ruthless in editing accessories in the room- Make them count! You can always rotate them out.
Photography: Jonathan Harper as seen in From House to Home
Design Michael Graves