Monday

Spring Delight

Although Spring doesn't officially begin until March 20, we are experiencing beautiful weather here in Louisiana.  There is a field of daffodils that is grown as a tribute by a family and each year they generously share it with the public, inviting everyone to come enjoy and they encourage picture taking.  They also sell plantings with proceeds going to Doctors without Borders.  I was able to visit this year for the first time and thought I would share some of the beauty with you.  These flowers really brighten a room when brought inside, but this weekend I enjoyed them right where they grow.

 View from under a tree...
 The tree I stood under was a pecan tree planted in the 1900s.  A southern beauty for sure!
 A closeup of the pink flowering tree, not sure what it is but beautiful all the same.   I'd love to know what it is, so if anyone knows - please share.

 


This shot is one of my favorites, it has the well worn hand of my mother-in-law tenderly holding the stem.




Hope you enjoyed and are ready to have a Happy Spring!
Posted by Paula