Saturday

Swiss Miss

The next stop on the trip around the interior design world is Switzerland. And first up is a chalet designed by - Mlinaric, Henry and Zervudachi of MHZ
Once again, I think I love their work! Can't you just imagine looking out the window at a beautiful mountain range or even the Matterhorn?
I find the use of the mirror to divide the kitchen from the entry hall very intriguing.
I like the symmetry of the urns above the cabinets in the kitchen. It has such eye appeal for me.
The muted red of the leather chairs and kitchen walls is re-introduced in the artwork in the seating area, along with a few accessories.

Don't the floating shelves seem to bring a rhythm to the room? I think the artwork on the fireplace reminds me of a cymbal ready to be clanged. - (I have to laugh because now I am thinking of an old Gloria Estefan song- Rhythm is Gonna Get You)

This next home in Switzerland is designed by a firm called Interior Design GMBH . It is a lot more modern than the previous home, but it has a calm, serene feeling to me.

Wouldn't you love to lay on the window ledge and read a good book or take a nap? I like how the subtle color of yellow from the rug is picked up in the pillow covering.


What home doesn't look great with a little zebra print?